Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I've Found Myself Attached To This Railroad Track

Band: First Aid Kit
Genre: Folk
Favorite Album: The Big Black & The Blue
Favorite Song: Ghost Town (lyric above)


I'm such a huge fan of folk. Everything folk. All day every day. But not so much the old kind of folk. I like the new stuff. These sisters were quite relaxing to listen to. I had my [panties in a wad(1)] over a certain situation and this music calmed me down quite immediately. I can't exclaim just how much I admire the stories that artists put in their songs. You can tell that theirs are truly from the heart- how incredible. What a gift. Stories communicated through passionate songs... there is possibly nothing better. Well, of course there is something better, but you know what I mean.

(1) The expression "panties in a wad"- alluding to the fact of frustration over something that doesn't matter an incredulous amount.

As Always,

No comments: