Sunday, February 12, 2012

Excess-------->Extreme


The more I see my life pass by, the more I see how I live a life of excess. Not only do I live a life of excess, but I'm not very extreme. Okay, seriously. The past two words I just admitted make me cringe. Two things I never want to be known by. Two things I never want to live a life of. And yet, I am and I do... if not to others, to myself.

So tonight, I was thinking to myself, "How can I change that?" I came up with two brilliant ideas
1)Cut the excess!
2)Be extreme!
Then (because I want to be extreme) I united the two into one thought. Cut your excess in an extreme way. I realize that this is a very vague post, one that will most likely leave you thinking, "huh?"...but, just know that I know exactly where I'm going with this. You must hold me accountable and over the next few months I want to cut back on a few areas of my life in such a way that it really hurts...that it really makes me think, pause and realize how much of the world experiences less than my "extreme less."

So, dear blog friends. I will keep you in the loop on just where the path of these next months will be leading me after I kind of get a handle on my insanity. By the end on the week, I will have a schedule, month-by-month on what I will be cutting back on and my goals with it... I have no idea on time frames here either; so I'll be thinking of that, too.

But to leave you with a few more pictures....

In 2010, there were 925 million hungry people in this world. Just in case you can't grasp that number, let me spell it out for you.... nine-hundred-twenty-five million people. Human lives. Just in case you don't get it yet, there are 28 letters in that number... that's one heck of a sad number.
 So, most the world is hungry and starving... (if that doesn't phase you, please go find a heart) and over 884 million people, again, we're talking about human beings here...just like you and me, remember.. have UNsafe DRINKING water. They can't even drink water. Tragic is a total understatement.


So, do you promise? Do you promise to hold me to whatever crazy schemes I decide to implement in order to realize the excess in my life? How about you? Will you join me in some way shape or form?? ...I'll leave you to think about it. I know, it's TOUGH.

As Always,

No comments: