Saturday, February 4, 2012

Do you ever just sit on your front porch all alone under a huge roof that reaches out to shelter you from the beautiful rain falling all around you? On those kinds of nights do you sit on a bench that you and your mom stopped to buy on the side of a highway at a random junk shop because you knew, after it was painted the perfect shade, it would look just perfect on your porch? The one you bought on that summer day while laughing after riding your beautiful horse? Do you ever sit and drink tea, ponder your thoughts and shiver...even though you have a blanket on? ...oh, you don't? hm.

Well, here I sit thinking of all of the above and also pondering my day...and the people who are watching me as I sit under a lit porch, night time, in the rain....in pink, zip up, bunny footy pajamas and what they are thinking. It was quite an eventful day. One that I wish never happened. You see, are you ever aware of a terrible situation that is occurring to someone that you love so dearly and yet, you know that you can do nothing about it? Of course you have...at least if you've ever loved anybody.

You can't help but feel completely helpless when this occurs. It's obvious you can do nothing. You can control nothing. Or so I thought. This morning, when I realized one of my sweet sister's world was caving in all around her, I felt that way; I felt despair. Then, the thought came- or maybe it was given- to me that no! i was not helpless! I could pray.

pray continually;

Continually be prayerful.

pray without ceasing,
pray unceasingly;
continually pray ye;
Do you get it? Pray. I can't believe I was such an idiot and thought I could do nothing... of course I could do nothing!!!! Nothing except mope... BUT I know that and trust that the Lord of the Universe, the Maker of heaven and earth, the One who created me, hears my words- not only that, but he does something with them... he listens. He knows my desires maybe even more than I because he is the one who has it all planned out. Not only does he listen, but HE is the one who has control over the situation, what happens; he will work it for his good. 

You know, sometimes I write on this site in order for myself to believe the words I see in front of my face. Unfortunately I don't always comply with what I write. So don't start thinking I got it all together- that's the least I have. But I know I don't have it all together and that's more than a lot of other people can say. I'm just glad that Jesus makes up for all my shortcomings. He promises. And I know he's faithful. That, my friends, I believe with all that I am.

As Always,


No comments: