Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Thoughts Towards V-day

So, to be honest and completely unfiltered. Valentine's Day is 100% over-rated. BUT I feel like if I were to just leave at that, you might wonder why and never stumble upon the answer... in order to save you from scrambling your mind for hours and hours without beholding an answer, I would like to complain to you.... is it okay if I complain?

While the sentiment is nice, the poems often cheesy and the day full of Wolf Pack red, I suppose I just have a problem with celebrating something that should be celebrated every day. *Notonlythat, but so many times love isn't even represented correctly!!!! Now, if that won't get the steam coming out, I don't know what will!

You see, love is a  verb. Not a noun.
Love is not something you fall into, but something you choose daily.
It's not easily taken away...because when you love someone, you risk anything for them.
Now, when I say you risk anything for them, I mean that sometimes, you even risk your friendship. I know, I know, sounds odd... doesn't really click in the brain? But, I mean it. Yes, in order to truly love someone, risks are involved. Heartbreak, absolute. Tears, unavoidable. It all comes with love.. but that's why it's all the harder to say those words, "I love you." 

I guess I just don't understand how it is so easy to say them now. Do thirteen year olds in a "first relationship" really know what it means when they say I...love...you? Do you really know what it means when you say it to a family member? Do you throw those words around?

I feel like those three words should come with a warning tag claiming, "use sparingly".... but when you do love someone say it all the time... revel in the beauty of it. Love is a verb. Not in the sense of sex. But in the sense of action. It's patient. Kind. No record keeping. Never withdrawn. Always there. Verbs. Verbs. Verbs.


As Always,

*Yes, I know this is not usually one word but that's how I thought it... i figured to write it correctly would merely be cheating my thoughts.

No comments: