Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 2... inspire :)

Inspirational quotes.. 3, to be precise. Honestly, I knew this would be really hard for me. When I was 12 or so, I found this leather bound book with beautiful blank cream pages in it in our old house and I immediately seized ownership of it. Ever since, I've filled it with words and quotes that have touched my heart. It's quite lovely. It ranges from the definitions of words and to bible verses then to philosophies of famous thinkers and random lines of songs--- beautiful words. A sentence formed with the perfect combination of letters. Incredible. Here are three quotes... tough choices but I picked, nonetheless.




1) I had this beautiful quote on my blog wall a while ago- i think. It's by Thoreau. I'm a fan of his thoughts.. They are very interesting. And thought provoking.

As if you could kill time without injury eternity. 

For me, this quote means so much because often times people my age and sometimes older also (i guess if you never decide to grow up :P) do things and act on impulses that I am sure, beyond a shadow of a doubt, they will later regret...they do it like it won't ever effect them. But. Sad news: it does. And odds are that it will effect other people to-- cause injury. 

2) For number two... this one's a bit more personal but touching all the more. I'm a fan of poetry. I'm a hopeless romantic at times. And 100% of a girl. If you're like me, there's no way these words couldn't get to you.

I thought I understood it
                                                                         but I didn't
I only knew the idea of it
Of you and me
I thought I understood it
but I didn't, not really
I knew the smugness of it
the eagerness of it
the idea of it
Of you and me.

Sometimes you think you know, in your heart that something is perfect. You're sure of it. But it turns out- it isn't. Then you're left to deal with the fact that what you once thought was the end-all.. really wasn't. You have trillions of memories tied up with a few months out of the hundreds in your life and yet, all you seem to remember are those few. You try and let go. You tell yourself over and over again to get rid of your feelings but sometimes it just takes years to get over those few months... in the end you come to grips with the fact that really all you understood was the idea.

3) Let's end on a light note...be free :)

I want to be able to sleep in an open field, to travel west, to walk freely at night… 
– Sylvia Plath

There's all sorts of freedoms but lots of times the freedom above is the one I crave.. I free spirit that roams and takes joy in this life here. I love it. Watch the rain pour- run in it when you tire of watching it fall. Love your family well. Pursue things that are important. Forget to think. Do.

And for me, I want to live freely in abandonment to my Savior... freedom.

No comments: