Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's a New Year?!

I know, I know.... don't even remind me how long it's been- for I am well aware! I don't know what's been going through me lately, but I have had just about zero urge to blog and while it's really sad, it was also kind of refreshing. Maybe I was just selfishly journaling my thoughts instead of sharing them where others can see. Sometimes it's easy to put yourself out there and other times...well, it's not as easy.

BUT I figured that since it's the New Year I should share some of my resolutions with you :) I know that it's a tad bit "late" but hey, it's still January and in my opinion, it's never too late to have a resolution list. Here is a quick entrance into my mind- i write lists constantly and about everything. Seriously. I have at least 10 lists going at once. Don't worry. They aren't disorganized. Actually they are very orderly. I guess this is where my resolutions begin...

1. Start completing the lists you make.
Often times I say yes to a whole lot of people and take a long time to follow through on the task. Ironically I was getting better at my follow through before the new year (I don't want to only be resolved in things just because of the new year. Ya know what I mean?) but I think that I can improve even more. It seems as though I say yes to things and then am up half the night completing them.

2. Be kinder.
Not even a word. I know. But that's besides the point. The point is in the meaning. I want to be better at going way out of my way in order to be a reliable smile and a happy hug for those who are having rough days. When I see a need- I want to fill it... when there are tears- i want to wipe them... to be a listening ear..to be a passionate lover of all people- no matter how hard they are to get along with. (pretty sure this can be my goal for the rest of my life!)

3. Be healthier.
I am quite healthy.. mostly vegetarian, negating the occasional relapse. But I love to cook and find healthy solutions to the icky, yucky, gross, processed foods of these modern times. I want to dump fast food down the toilette and be more satisfied with my healthy options. I would like to improve my cravings to healthy things- not terrible things ;)

4. Acquire more motivation in the realm of exercise.
Oh, where, oh where did my daily runs go? I want them back! And if I don't run daily, I want to swim those heavenly laps in the pool- how perfectly relaxing.

5. I would like to improve my blogging skills and branch out a bit on my topics- be more daring.

6. I want to fall even more in love with my Savior. Learn more about him and what he has for me. Become open to the path in life that he'll provide me and be satisfied in my walk on it. This year I want to die more and more to myself and become more and more alive in him.

7. Become more educated in my music. I love music but sometimes I don't take the time to discover those new bands and search for the fun and unexpected indie talent that is out there- but, this year, watch out! Here I come!

8. Read more. Journal more.

9. Finish my room decor :D

10. Venture out into Raleigh and do the fun stuff around town. More involved in the community.


I'm pretty sure I can get most of this done in a year. I'll keep you update on my successes and failures :) more to come soon.

But until then....

No comments: