Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Simply Love.



I stumbled upon 1 Corinthians 13 the other morning and I was stunned at the beauty of it, as always. I thought that I should share it with you :)


From the Message Version:
Love never gives up.
   Love cares more for others than for self.
   Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
   Love doesn't strut,
   Doesn't have a swelled head,
   Doesn't force itself on others,
   Isn't always "me first,"
   Doesn't fly off the handle,
   Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
   Doesn't revel when others grovel,
   Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
   Puts up with anything,
   Trusts God always,
   Always looks for the best,
   Never looks back,
   But keeps going to the end.

I first read the verse in my NIV and ESV but then I decided to see what the Message said. The above is in perfect day-to-day words. This is how we should live. 

When I read the part that says, "Puts up with anything, trusts God always." It reminded me of all the times when I hold grudges or unforgiveness because I'm not trusting God with the consequence he has for those who hurt me.

It was a reminder that the LORD is the One and the only One who can judge justly and, part of me growing in Him is to trust that HE will take care of them and that all I need to do is keep loving. That's what He's told me my job is... to simply love.

No comments: