Monday, June 21, 2010

You!....you HYPOCRITE!

Pride. Selfishness. I have found that these are symptoms of a hypocrite... and you know what else? Those two things are something I struggle with enormously. Wow. Now, that's hard to write. What kind of Christ-follower am I if the main word in my vocabulary is I?

Acknowledging that I am a hypocrite isn't as hard as looking at the past where I felt I WASN'T one. I found that constantly, repeatedly.. my actions weren't to glorify my Savior, my God. No, instead I sought recognition and happiness. I'm pretty sure, or positive, that those two combined are the complete and utter opposite of what a servant is called to do and be. Recently, I have completely ignored the Holy Spirit. That's another extremely hard thing to write. Ignoring the Spirit given to me by my Lord- How dare I? I shouldn't even have second thoughts when I'm told to be obedient to the God of the Universe....but I didn't think twice I just said no.

My broken heart. My giant mess-ups. Jesus wants them.

Dearest Readers, I was also thinking... How possible is it that you are a hypocrite, also? Is it that we, who are leaders in so many places, us, who desire to "live" for Christ, have horribly stained motives? How can we return to the JOYfilled hearts of TRUE servants of a people that want so strongly pursue Jesus? Humility? put my pride on the ground. Honesty? the lies of my works. Brokenness? only our Creator can make us whole, know that. I think I need to remember that He has to SAVE me.

For I am 100% unable.

No comments: