Monday, January 24, 2011

Today was a coooooold day. Oft times when it's a cold day one would consider staying inside, right? Well, no. Not for me. (-: Today we actually had a filming crew out to Hope Reins and now that my hands have thawed enough...I can explain just how cool my day really was!

So, this morning (I would like to remind you...) was 27 degrees but I still got up, per usual, at 6 am... just enough time for me to make it out to my solace at a more decent hour, 8:30 am. This was most definitely an atypical day at HRR because we were greeted by some New Yorkers (some very nice NYers might I add!) in order for them to film (The one, the only!!!!...drum roles..) Kim Tschirret! (It's apart of a show called the Hero Next Door, I believe..)

Anyway, for a while I was following the crew around making sure the horses were behaving, ect.. but then, when we came to Sonny Boy, who is mine, they wanted me to talk about his story. Now, I don't know about you...but I would much rather write words then speak them. It's so much easier to write because not only can you think and process through what you are writing but you can also remember things more easily and, today, this is what I caught myself thinking about when I just couldn't think of what to say. I mean, HOW on earth can I express with mere words the incredible impact that my horse has had on who I am? How can I explain that feeling of emotional freeness when I enter the barn gates? and HOW in the world could I say, speaking with words, the enormous love, patience and kindness my Boy has given me?

I just simply can't. You see, while a lot of the horses at HRR were rescued (not all, but most) my Sonny Boy rescued me. He has sincerely saved me from heart break. Stress. Overwhelmedness. Overthinking. Exploding. Tears. Sadness. Struggles. and most of all...he saved me from myself. You see, my horse has this way of making me fly..He takes all anxiety away and gives me this sense of freedom. He has taught me, Accomplishment. Love. Patience. Experience. How to have a stubborn will(more so than his :)) . Honestly, he has changed me...and grown me so much.

Some days I'll be working with him and I see a direct correlation of what I must be like to God. Especially one day he was just afraid of anything and everything...so I tried to show him how to comfort himself and instead of accepting it, he continued to run away and run away. That same day, I was teaching him a new concept one that made him face a fear and instead of relaxing and seeing how much better it would be if only he would calm down...instead, he continued to freak. Eventually, he calmed and has been doing great with the concept since. But it was just crazy to me, how I heard Jesus whisper in my ear..."see anna, if you would only trust me things wouldn't be so hard."...

Not only has my Boy shown me lessons about me...but he even gives me examples of others. For instance, I was really struggling with the fact that offer excuses for some people and why they do what they do...even when it is constantly hurting me. Not only do I offer excuses but I was allowing them to hurt me. With Sonny, he has a crazy past...one where he has always been a little flighty and anxious. Now that he has this amazing life, he has absolutely NO reason to act that way. So, if I allowed him to continue being the way he was merely because of his past what kind of person was I being to him??

You see, I've realized that when you accept Jesus and his plan for you, there is no reason to act out of your past... because he gave you a new slate! He wiped you completely clean! You would be selling yourself short if you decided to stay the way you were only because it's how you've always been. While yes I can understand why one would act out of the hurt they have felt or the wrong upbringing they have received or the mistakes they've made but our God is so much stronger than those measly, worldly errors. He is one who offers everything to be made new! I've been challenged with that and Sonny has also. 




p.s. I hope you don't think I'm an enormous weirdo! I just tend to write about the things that matter to me...and I realized I hadn't written about one of the dearest things to my heart and I just HAD to correct that (-:

1 comment:

hope2kidz said...

Anna, Is there any wonder why God is stretching you and growing you into such an amazing young lady. You consistently and persistently bless people just by being "TRULY" you! I think it's cool that you are playing the role of an "Internet Blogger" in Mock Trial. A challenging role that needed a very humble spirit to "passionately" portray the truth. You demonstrate passion daily!